· Medieval Gates
· Paulus Church
· St. Anthony Church
· Tinguely Fountain
· Bridges & Ferry
· Rhine Ports
Paulus Church, Basel, Switzerland
Paulus Church was designed by Swiss architect Karl Coelestin Moser (1860-1936) in Neo-Romanic style (structure) with artwork in Art Nouveau style and built from 1898 to 1901. It is one of the few protestant churches in Switzerland that are permanently open to the public.
Artwork: Relief on top of the main entrance by Carl Burckhardt (1878-1923), mosaics on inner front wall by Heinrich Altherr (1878-1947), stained glass windows by Max Läuger (1864-1952).
Tram 8, stop Zoo Bachletten (to start and see the fašade)
Tram 8, stops Bundesplatz and Schützenhaus (after seeing the quarter)
Paulus Church is located in the fork between Steinenring and Arnold-Böcklin-Strasse,
the backside is delimited by Paulusgasse.
GPS coordinates: latitude = 47.551593, longitude = 7.578410
Arnold-Böcklin-Strasse leading from Paulusplatz to Bundesplatz / Schützenmatt park on the south side of Paulus Church and the city district around were built end 19th / beginning 20th century and feature several Art Nouveau style houses.
Short quotations allowed but with precise declaration of origin (Link).
Reproduction of substantial parts and pictures in printed or electronic form only with explicit written consent by the editor.